Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adorable old match book covers from Mrs. K's Toll House, the older on the right. I ate there just 2 months ago.




1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi Pam! Thanks for your recent comments on my newly-revived blog, renamed The Complaint Department. How cool that you read about Tony's efforts to stem the cliff erosion--he's been working on the issue for 13-14 years now. (We actually met when he wanted to publish something for the "Save Our Shores" group in a community newletter that I was publishing at the time!)

Every now and then, the TV reporters and newspapers decide it would be an interesting story (AGAIN), so Tony becomes a media darling for a short time.

I'm commenting here because I grew up a short distance from Mrs. K's Toll House and remember going there as a child for only VERY special occasions. A few years ago, on a trip down memory lane, I took my mother there! While the exterior remained intact, nothing about the inside was familiar. Gone were the costumed waitresses with their big skirts and white stockings. Gone was the familiar meat and potatoes menu. Gone were the culturally-familiar owners/managers! The changes were stunning and hilarious, especially for Mom, with her memory problems. She couldn't remember the Mrs. K's of decades past.

So lovely to hear from you!