I think it's the uneven rainfall we've been having. It was very drywhile the tomatoes were forming, then we got a lot of rain. The rain swells up the tomato as it's growing beneath the skin, and the skin breaks. It's like a pregnancy stretch mark for a tomato.
This is happening around the tops of my tomatoes. I heard some experts on the radio talking about it and they said they are absolutely still safe to eat.
3 comments:
I think it's the uneven rainfall we've been having. It was very drywhile the tomatoes were forming, then we got a lot of rain. The rain swells up the tomato as it's growing beneath the skin, and the skin breaks. It's like a pregnancy stretch mark for a tomato.
Makes perfect sense. It's nice to have science writers for friends. They know how to explain things so clearly.
This is happening around the tops of my tomatoes. I heard some experts on the radio talking about it and they said they are absolutely still safe to eat.
Post a Comment