Friday, May 1, 2009

New quilts.



Shannon and I traded quilts on Tuesday. We've been working on these for several years.

3 comments:

Kitt said...

Wow. Beautiful! Did you take pics of yours before you traded them off?

Pam J. said...

I now own the one at the bottom (with the black background); Shannon now owns the one at the top (with the white background). She and I, along with Margo H from SF, started a round robin quilt project years ago. The 3 of us picked a fabric (the orange print in the middle of the quilt) and then made a 14 inch square using some of that fabric. Each quilter then sent her square on to the next person "around" the circle of 3 and that quilter added a 5 inch border, again using some of the primary fabric. Then again the growing squares were passed around, another border was added, etc. The idea is that when it's all over you end up with your original 14 inch square back but it's now a big quilt. Margo dropped out (wish there were a less pejorative way to say that....) early on b/c she wanted a wall quilt. Shannon and I kept on adding borders and now each have a 5 x 5 foot quilt.

JGH said...

These are just beautiful! Gorgeous colors. I love the round robin idea.