Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peony. I only had two blooms this year but two is better than none.


4 comments:

JGH said...

Nice ones, though. How long have you had them? You may get a few more next year.

Pam J. said...

These poor plants have had a long journey. Sometime before 1986 a previous owner planted some peonies on the edge of my backyard, along a narrow strip of woods. 20+ years later and they had become puny and weak, basically swallowed up by everything around them. They got no sun at all, and so they no longer bloomed. In the fall of 2007 I moved the two remaining small bushes to their current spot -- in my vegetable garden -- where they get full afternoon sun. This is their second spring and they look healthy but still small and a little vulnerable. I was happy to get the two blooms I got! Long answer to short question..

quiltcat said...

Hi Pam. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm having fun reading your posts and looking at your pics. This looks like Festiva Maxima, the queen of my peony garden. Glad you were able to save at least a couple of plants from a sad fate.

Anne said...

I covet my next-door neighbors' peonies.