Don't know her. The house is near the NIH parking lot and I've noticed it for years. Today I was over that way & decided to stop and take pictures. Mrs. Gardener (small Asian woman who spoke excellent but accented English, in her 60s, I would say) was there so I asked her permission and she said yes. I told her how beautiful her gardens & yard were. She told me that she recently retired from her job as a surgical nurse at Suburban Hospital. She also said that until she retired she never realized how stressful her job had been. When I complimented her tiny bit of lawn, she said it was necessary because her husband (she gestured toward the house) was no long able to care for it. Surprising how much info you can exchange with a stranger under the right circumstances.
3 comments:
Nice! WHO's the gardener?
Don't know her. The house is near the NIH parking lot and I've noticed it for years. Today I was over that way & decided to stop and take pictures. Mrs. Gardener (small Asian woman who spoke excellent but accented English, in her 60s, I would say) was there so I asked her permission and she said yes. I told her how beautiful her gardens & yard were. She told me that she recently retired from her job as a surgical nurse at Suburban Hospital. She also said that until she retired she never realized how stressful her job had been. When I complimented her tiny bit of lawn, she said it was necessary because her husband (she gestured toward the house) was no long able to care for it. Surprising how much info you can exchange with a stranger under the right circumstances.
Gorgeous! I aspire to something like that, some day.
Post a Comment