Monday, July 15, 2024

More beautiful paintings from painting friends

 



The top card is from Margo in San Francisco, my good friend since 1977 who is trying out our group. She's a busy lady so she might not continue but we've all enjoyed her contributions. She's been studying watercolor painting for a quite a few years and it shows. I've posted her paintings before. The second card and bookmark are from Zazzy who started this whole business. The bubbles are so delicate, light, and airy and the flowers are just right, not overdone. I've found that overdoing watercolors is a mistake. 

Not sure this will take, but I'm going to attempt posting every day. It's my way of dealing with the current state of affairs in my country. I MUST stop following politics. It's so depressing and demoralizing. Maybe if I direct my energies into blogging I can block it out.


3 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful paintings--I am awe struck! Today's news hit me right in the gut and made me want to completely give up on everything. Where is the good news lately?

Zazzy said...

My new laptop came and I have not thrown it violently out in the street. That's my news. I also haven't painted or read and I am avoiding the news of our country. I mean, there are other countries out there trying to live 40 years ago but we are really putting some effort into it.

Hugs to you Miss Pam!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Please don't tune out all the political news. People need to stay informed so they just don't vote on auto-pilot based on their past voting record. This is the most important election in our live times and hands on deck are required.