Sunday, November 23, 2014

The first solo glove of the very long lost-glove season.

I lose gloves on a regular basis, especially gloves that were a gift or gloves I paid more than 20 bucks for. Gloves that I find in the backs of closets or buy for $5 from a street vendor are never lost. I bought this glove and his missing partner a few weeks ago and only used them twice. The missing glove is, or was, probably in a parking lot at the corner of Rts 108 and 650 in Ashton, MD.

I'll save this glove for a long, long time. I have other singles that I can mate with it, and in a weirdo mind game I play, I imagine that I'll actually find another single that matches it. What happens to all these solo gloves? I can't be the only person who loses singles. Should I attach a long cord to each glove and snake it through the arms of my coat so they're impossible to lose? I'd love to start a website for missing gloves. A kind of shelter for the singles where people can find near-matches.

UPDATE:
Ohforgodssake, what made me think a thousand others haven't done something about the missing glove phenomenon? Including Tom Hanks.
http://www.lostgloves.org/
http://onecoldhand.com/
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/tom-hanks-is-on-a-mission-to-find-every-lost-glove-in-new-yo

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I think I have one pair of gloves and I may know where they are(in the garage for running); your missing gloves are probably having a party with my missing socks. :)

Pam J. said...

See updates above.
November feels like a very, very long month. My posts are getting more meaningless, and/or more poorly thought out, as the month progresses.