And there she is once again, February 22, 2013, with Sean. Wedding coming up soon. [Clothes to find/buy!]
I bought some of the herbs that I plan to nurture into much bigger herbs to use as planter centerpieces for the June wedding. Behnke's Nursery had a good selection of herbs, but not the full selection they'll have over the next weeks. I watched an employee with an old-fashioned clipboard and a printed list of different herbs and she was counting and checking them off. I love that stuff.



4 comments:
As you probably already know, I LOVE STARGAZERS! They are magical. I am a bit jealous of your wedding to plan. I want to do the same, but my girls aren't in relationships that would lead to marriage. Grandchildren are looking less and less likely. :(
It sounds like you have a lot to do before the big day. Your daughter looks gorgeous in that dress.
Did you find the photo because you are making her a collage for her wedding?
Margaret: Don't be jealous. I'm not planning anything really (see below for my overly long reply to Shannon). And I wouldn't worry about your girls. They may or may not get married. It's completely out of your control. Plus they don't need marriage to be perfect daughters. Marriage won't define them.
Shannon: I'm not that busy actually (w/ the wedding I mean). Becca (and Sean) is (are) very organized so I'm just doing what they tell me to do and so far it's been very little. And fun. Like finding small, clear glass vases at thrift stores and around my house. We'll put herbs in them & sprinkle them throughout the Inn (in a sm town in Virginia just at the edge of the Shenandoah Mnts) where the wedding will be. Wedding no. 2 that is. And the herb growing is under control -- just a bit more buying and repotting and then I wait while they grow until mid-June when we'll use everything in pots at the wedding.
Clothes. That's where my wedding attention should go. I truly have no clothes for a weekend gathering of 60 people. That I'm hosting (gulp). My clothes consist of (a) gardening/house/shopping/running-errands clothes; (b) old (office) work clothes, old in style and in every other way; and (c) a few bland things for funerals or when I have to sort of dress up.
Which leads me to your question about making a photo collage. The picture of B and S was taken late one Friday night in February after they had gotten married (Wedding no. 1) at a simple, short, slightly impersonal, but sweet New York City Hall ceremony at about 2 in the afternoon. No family, just friends. But it turned into a big day. This early wedding was mostly about health insurance; her school policy ran out in March so they wanted to get her on his plan during his open season, which required a legal marriage. I realize I'm answering with way TMI. Or way TMMI (too much meaningless info).
My daughter is pretty sure that that dress is from the sixties. It's something she found at a used clothing store. I should post a better shot of it that shows the cute hemline.
Some friends have asked how I feel about the first (and real) wedding. I feel great about it. It was romantic and easy and memorable and basically stress-free. Other friends wondered if B and S would just dump the June wedding. Nope, that goes forward as planned because everyone wants a family celebration!
I refuse to be a cliche and fret about any of it. Even the clothes.
I think that it's nice to have a small, private ceremony and then a huge party later. It's a common trend for Mormons since not everyone can make it to the temple for the wedding (nor is there room for hundreds of people). I didn't have two wedding ceremonies but my brothers did.
I'll sound shallow and say my second materialistic thought: she gets to wear two great dresses :) The vintage find and whatever traditional (or not) gown at the June wedding.
TMMI. lol Pam. You are funny. Blogs are about tmi. I just posted a comic on breastfeeding. My little brother does not want that info for sure. GL on the clothes shopping.
Post a Comment