Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oliver and me.



I've only read the first couple of paragraphs of this article in the New Yorker but it sounds interesting. Called Greening the Ghetto by Eliz Kolbert. [I'm not sure I can make the link active, but I'll try. If interested enough, you can probably get the article by googling "greening ghetto new yorker."]
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/01/12/090112fa_fact_kolbert

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link works fine, though I haven't yet read the article. Your reference to the New Yorker magazine caused me to giggle, though. I have a love/hate relationship with the New Yorker. Not the content, but the fact that when I subscribe, the magazines come at a little faster rate than I'm able to read/absorb them. Ultimately, I wind up frustrated at the backlog of reading, and don't resubscribe when the time comes.

Then I start receiving offers for reduced rates, each one better than the last.

I just subscribed, again, for a year. It was only $25!

Pam J. said...

Yeah, that business of keeping up with the New Yorkers is a bitch. I've struggled with it for years. Tried this system or that system. Made it a new year's resolution for years (until this year when I decided that my ONLY resolution would be to think less about myself---having mixed results so far). I keep copies, sometimes for years. Recently I finally threw out all issues from 2005 and 2006. Painful. And about that Eliz Kolbert article: it wasn't as compelling as I'd hoped. New lesson learned: don't blog about an article until you've read it completely.