Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Jazzed-up eggs

A new food addiction. Hard-boiled eggs marinated in soy sauce and sherry. No need to add salt to these babies. And they're good on a salad too. 



3 comments:

Anne said...

Details, please. Appears they are marinated after hard-boiling? Ratio of soy sauce to sherry?

Pam J. said...

Hi Anne. Below is the recipe, although I didn't follow it precisely. Trying to channel Julia Child, I splashed more or less equal amounts of water, sherry (not sherry vinegar), and soy sauce in a small bowl and added the eggs, letting them marinate overnight.

6 tablespoons warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
¾ cup soy sauce
6 large eggs
Maldon or other flaky salt, for serving
Black pepper, for serving

Here's a link to the full recipe.
http://food52.com/recipes/35930-momofuku-s-soy-sauce-eggs

KB said...

Yummmm! Thanks for this ... with 6 dozen eggs sitting in the downstairs fridge I am in need of as many ideas as I can get. Will be doing this today!