Saturday, September 19, 2015

A wine glass of African violets.

I ran out of little flower pots earlier this year and used an old wine glass for a leaf  I'd rooted in water. That single leaf produced two plantlets which I'll separate and transplant soon. But not too soon since they seem very happy in this smallish wine glass. [Zazzy: this is my answer to your question about what to do with your violets. I say leave them alone as long as they stay healthy looking and produce flowers. Some of my violets have been in the same pots for years and they smile at me every day.]

3 comments:

Zazzy said...

Thanks Pam! They still look pretty happy to me so I'll leave them alone. I do like that plant in the wine glass, though. I have some pots and whatnot that I think they will eventually enjoy.

Margaret said...

That is a lovely look! I don't drink wine, so perhaps I should turn my wine glasses into mini planters. :)

Peggy said...

I also have lots of violets. I think they flower when I forget to water them. Which I do often. I think they are crying out "Put out seeds." I like the wine glass idea.