Saturday, January 24, 2015

She's back! Let it begin.

Palin said, “It is a significant step, of course, for anyone to publicly announce that they’re interested. Who wouldn’t be interested? Who wouldn’t be interested when they have been blessed with opportunities to speak about what is important to this country and for this country?”

Still, Palin said that she is not yet ramping up a national political operation. Instead, Palin said, she is contemplating her political future and does not feel rushed to make a final decision.


Lately I've been thinking, in a general way, about the up-coming presidential primary/ nomination/ debate/ election season. But I wasn't prepared for Palin to pop back up. Fun!

Will Tina Fey appear on SNL tonight?


2 comments:

Zazzy said...

Oooooo nooooesss

Anne said...

I just finished "The Myth of the Good Guy With a Gun" story over at Slate, and SP crossed my mind as I was reading. Gee, I don't know why . . .

I'm on the fence about her possible participation in the 2016 run. On one hand, the entertainment value and snark potential would be just off the charts. So, what fun!!! In addition, she would surely yank votes away from some/all of the candidates, giving some/all of those candidates weaker, divided bases, which could spell victory for the dems, again.

However, on the other hand, that woman is just plain stupid and vindictive and sets the bar lower each time she opens her mouth. Her presence makes rational, considered discussion impossible, so busy is she whipping crowds into red-seeing frenzies. I think she's somewhat responsible for the issues in our recent do-nothing Congresses, because many of our elected reps now believe that it's okay to behave like school-yard bullies, shouting and stonewalling when they don't get their way and abandoning all civil discourse generally.