Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Name this plant.


Every winter I see this bright green plant in the park next door. Always in this exact spot. I don't remember ever seeing any blooms on it, and I don't notice it in other parts of the park. But it's not like I ever made a project of noticing. Maybe this year I WILL make a project of noticing. 

Happy Cold, Snowy Weather! [to those few of us who like winter.]


4 comments:

Margo H said...

Fred.

susan harris said...

I like Margo's response a LOT but here's mine. Arum? https://www.google.com/search?q=arum&espv=2&biw=1680&bih=949&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kHyuVOGYA4yqgwT8iIHYDw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=1

Pam J. said...

Susan certainly has the knowledge base to be believable -- and wouldn't it be exciting if that plant turned out to be an arum!? -- but Margo has arrived at the best name so Fred it will be. In her quiet, serene way, Margo H may be the funniest person I know.

Zazzy said...

I like Fred. I think it looks like it's in the Lily family. It also looks like a plant in my garden whose name I cannot remember.