I got these for $7.50. They're for my African violets. Yesterday I posted 10 minutes after midnight. This will be posted about 25 minutes after midnight. I think I'm playing silly games with the nablopomo theme. Pushing the envelope. I amuse myself.
Peggy: Thanks, I didn't know that either. Here's what I learned from a Garden Forum: "the main issue is that the fertilizer salts get absorbed by the porous clay, they migrate to the rim of the pot - and burn the leaf stalks that touch them. You can get around this problem by dipping the rim into melted candle wax." My violets seem to love little porcelain tea cups. They apparently don't mind not having a drainage hole. The key to success is, I believe, a bit of benign neglect. They can go a long time between waterings
Great finds. I'm catching up on your blogging because I just remembered that you were doing the blog-a-day thing. Are you using an app on your phone? I use bloggeroid but I am open to trying a better app.
5 comments:
They are beautiful! Now you'll have to show us a photo with the African violets in them. I thought that Nano thingie was over. Hmmm.
The 'nano' thing is indeed over-- ended Nov 30. I'm just a little addicted to posting once a day.
I was surprised to learn that you can't put African Violets in clay pots because they hold water against the leaves.
Peggy: Thanks, I didn't know that either. Here's what I learned from a Garden Forum: "the main issue is that the fertilizer salts get absorbed by the porous clay, they migrate to the rim of the pot - and burn the leaf stalks that touch them. You can get around this problem by dipping the rim into melted candle wax."
My violets seem to love little porcelain tea cups. They apparently don't mind not having a drainage hole. The key to success is, I believe, a bit of benign neglect. They can go a long time between waterings
Great finds. I'm catching up on your blogging because I just remembered that you were doing the blog-a-day thing. Are you using an app on your phone? I use bloggeroid but I am open to trying a better app.
Post a Comment