Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Microbes: The Trillions of Creatures Governing Your Health"


Wow! I just heard an interview with Richard Conniff, author of "Microbes: The Trillions of Creatures Governing Your Health," and now will read the article from start to finish. Anyone who takes a lot of antibiotics should read it too. Article is here.  From the latest issue of Smithsonian magazine. Long Live Magazines!

Illustration by Stephanie Dalton Cowan (Smithsonian magazine, May 2013).

PS: Toss out that Purell while you're at it. I always thought that was such a corporate rip-off anyway.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I let otsy eat dirt and stuff off of the ground. She's healthier for it, I'm sure. I heart bacteria. Glad you pointed me to the article.

Shannon said...

ha ha: rePOOPulate.

I am so immature.

Margaret said...

We do live in an overly sanitized society! I will read the article, but will it scare me?