Sunday, August 5, 2012

Brain Hat! Gotta make one.


The pattern is here. It will cost you $5 but it's for a good cause, or so the author says and I choose to believe her. She says this:
Jan 31, 2011
I do not have any hats for sale. Unfortunately medical school takes up enough of my time that I am unable to make any hats for sale at this point. My best recommendation is to find a friend or family member that knits and bribe them with some delicious cookies.

The wormy looking things are called gyri and the grooves they create are called sulci (or fissures). Explained clearly here.

I hope to make a hat but we'll see. I follow through on about 25% of the projects I start. And I'm more or less OK on that. Better than 20%.

Note: Thanks to Natalie F. for sending me this link. It's good, no it's great, to have so many thoughtful friends from my years at NIH.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That' been in my Ravelry queue for months. I don't know if I'll ever cast in for it, though.

kayak woman said...

I'll have to show this to my daughter who is an expert knitter (but is more focused on other fiber arts pursuits lately).