Monday, March 5, 2012

One of my favorite gifts.


I have many wonderful friends who surprise me sometimes with very thoughtful gifts. Stephanie gave me this handy-dandy cheat sheet when, years ago, she and I grumbled that there were too many writers with the last name of Wilson or White and the first name of Edward or Edwin or the initial E. This weekend I had to add a new name: James Q. Wilson. I realize that he's not an Ed, but he belongs with this group because he wrote books very much like another on the list, Edward O. Wilson. James Q. died this weekend. I think of him every time I visit New York City because some people (me for example) give him some credit for the city becoming more habitable. (See link above.)

As Anne of The Complaint Department says: that is all. Carry on.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I did NOT realize that there were so many. My oh my!! I will try to carry on. Hard this week.