


I never plant cantaloupes or watermelons or any kind of squash because (a) they take up way, way too much gardening real estate, and (b) one or two will come up anyway, probably from the compost I use in my garden. This lope grew UP a fennel plant; that's the only support it had while it grew all summer. I finally picked it a few days ago and sliced it open. Voila! A perfect looking little baby cantaloupe. But alas it had absolutely positively no taste at all. So, I guess you get what you pay for.
Meanwhile, you've got to see the adorable little squash table that Kitt's husband built for one of her pumpkins. Here's what it looked like from the very start.
1 comment:
It looks like it would be perfect, not that I like cantaloupe at all. I hate all melons! But it's still pretty. Too bad it wasn't flavorful.
Post a Comment