

A few days ago Kitt from Denver reported on the Denver County Fair. Here's a second review from the New York Times. Kitt out-reports The Times because she mentioned the fried Fruit Loops and the performance by Devo.
This time last year I was gearing up to work at the Montgomery County Fair, where I co-manned/personed a bee demonstration booth for a 4-hour shift (or was it 3 hrs but felt like 4?). It was hot as blazes, I knew very little, and although I'm glad I did it, I decided not to do it again this year. Maybe next year. I still think of myself as a beekeeper. Yesterday I was strafed a couple of times by buzzing insects that were either bumblebees or other bee-like creatures. I was unfazed, as usual, but if it had happened last year I would have assumed it was one of my honey bees and that she was angry about something and that I needed to find out why she wasn't happy and do something about it. Now. [Sort of like an over-protective mother. I should know.]
1 comment:
What a pretty frog!
Our fair got quite a bit of attention, being all new and hipster-y.
The Sarge got stung on the back of his head a couple of days ago while pulling weeds near the hive. But that seems to have been an isolated incident, since I've been out there plenty with nobody getting mad. I thought of you, though, and worried a little.
Post a Comment