Saturday, August 6, 2011

I'm making a tee shirt quilt for Stargazer, who lives way, way on the other side of the US.




After reading her post about, among other things, an outworn tee shirt, I offered impulsively to turn the shirt (along with some others of hers) into a quilt. I'm so glad I did. This will be a test to see how long it takes me. I'm guessing 6 weeks. It will be a tied quilt, not a quilted quilt. Quilted quilts take me years to finish. But a tied quilt that involves only minimal piecing shouldn't take long at all. One rule: I never sew until after 8 or 9 at night, often later. Something about not being able to sew during day-light hours .... If I was willing (able?) to sew during the day I bet I could finish it in a couple of weeks. We'll never know.

And after I finish her quilt, maybe I'll finally finish my own tee shirt quilt that I started years ago and just found. (I've GOT to clean out my quilting closet.)

Love the tee shirt from Minnesota (bad picture at top).

2 comments:

Margaret said...

*sniff* Seeing all of them laid out like this makes me sad and nostalgic, but delighted to have keepsake!! I can't tell you how much that means. The Bite Me tee I wore on a workday to school and the principal wasn't too amused. Like many of the tee-shirts they came from gymnastics trips. The Bite Me one was bought at the Mall of America. I got the Wisconsin shirt at my younger daughter's last gymnastics competition. My kids got me the mom tee. A blogging friend from Oregon brought me the Oregon Ducks one when we met up in Seattle. A few years ago he used Oregon's Death With Dignity act, which he had been talking about doing when his condition worsened. He was a wonderful guy. I miss him. Anyway, it's obvious that I could go on and on. :)

Peggy said...

Why not sew during the day. I had a rule that I couldn't read during the day and Hubby said that was silly. So I scrapped it.