


Here are my notes from the last beekeeping meeting I attended in April. The Montgomery County (MD) Beekeepers Association meets monthly, and for a year I went dutifully to each meeting. I learned tons and tons, especially from the oldtimers and the newbies. After I decided last month, very suddenly, to give away the hive I looked back at these notes. "Pollen-gagged" hives? Yikes! Was that my problem? Parachlorobenzene? Sounds delicious. See all those exclamation points and question marks? See how I tried to create a logical "strategy" and I stopped at No. 2?
I'm posting these notes so I can remind myself occasionally how complicated all of this is. I know, I know, it's not rocket science. But it's pretty damn close. And rocket science is, after all, a science -- you can measure things precisely and compare things precisely, etc. Beekeeping is an art. And I'm no artist. (But I do miss my girls.)
No comments:
Post a Comment