Possible candidates, in no particular order. I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but I'll be updating the list.First debate is Thurs, May 5. Sponsored by Fox News. I'm not sure I'll watch it.
1. Pawlenty (Tim, former Gov MI)
2. Palin (Sarah, former Gov AL)
3. Bachmann (Michele, Congresswoman MI)
4. Gingrich (Newt, former speaker of the house/congressman GA)
5. Trump (Donald)
6. Daniels (Mitch, Gov IN)
7. Romney (Mitt, former Gov MA)
8. Huckabee (Mike, former Gov AR)
9. Huntsman (Jon, former Ambassador to China)
10. Paul (Ron, Congressman TX)
11. Santorum (Rick, former Senator PA)
12. Giuliani (Rudy, former Mayor NYC)
Outliers.
13. Christy (Chris, Gov NJ) -- has said he won't run.
14. Bush (Jeb, former Gov FL)
15. Perry (Rick, Gov TX)
16. Alan Keyes (former candidate for lots of things, including I think the IL Senate seat won by Obama in 2004….must check on that)
This shows the most recent poll results -- from realclearpolitics.com -- for some of the candidates. Real Clear Politics
Date 3/31 - 4/27/11
16.9% Huckabee
16.9 Trump
16.3 Romney
9.4 Palin
8.4 Gingrich
6.7 Paul
4.0 Bachmann
3.6 Pawlenty
2.6 Daniels
2.4 Santorum
Goldmine! Wikipedia shows these candidates also:
17. Herman Cain, businessman and radio talk show host from Georgia
18. Gary E. Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
19. Fred Karger, political consultant and gay rights activist from California
20. Andy Martin, perennial candidate from Illinois
21. Jimmy McMillan, perennial candidate from New York
22. Roy Moore, former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court of Alabama
23. Buddy Roemer, former Governor of Louisiana
24. Ole Savior, perennial candidate from Minnesota
25. Jonathon Sharkey, perennial candidate, wrestler and vampire from Florida
May 4 update: I forgot to add No. 26. Herman Cain (Georgia businessman, talk-radio host, and Tea Party darling)
2 comments:
wait - there's a debate just a month away? Where, etc?
Not a month away. Tomorrow night -- Thursday, May 5, 2011. I know, I know, nuts. But if you can bear to turn on your TV to Fox News tomorrow you can watch Pawlenty, Santorum, Ron Paul, Gary Johnson (he's the let's-legalize-marijuana candidate -- former Gov of NM), and a name I forgot to add to the list, Herman Cain, yak away for a couple of hours.
Post a Comment