Movie made me mad all over again. Today I discovered that this exact feeling was mentioned in the opening sentence of the 11/8/10 New Yorker review: "'Fair Game' ...is an effective political melodrama that induces a peculiar emotion--the bitterness generated by an old anger that has faded into dull exasperation and now flares up again."
But more important, I think I found a continuity error, which I think is the right term. Near the middle of the movie, Sean Penn (playing Joe Wilson) is sitting on the stairs in his home in his tee shirt. The camera cuts to him 3 times as he sits there. In the first and third shots, you can see a little of Sean's (not Joe's) tattoo on his upper right arm. Joe Wilson doesn't strike me as someone who would get an arm tattoo.
If anyone watches the movie try to check this out. And let me know if I'm right. (It's really annoying to be a former editor who gleefully points out irrelevant errors wherever she sees them. So childish.)
Photo from Alt Film Guide (http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/fair-game-reviews-naomi-watts-sean-penn/)
1 comment:
I do the same thing. It's not fun to find boo-boos in the paper anymore (too easy), but they jump out in some of the oddest places! (And don't you know I reread this three times to be sure I got it right! ha!)
Post a Comment