

Top picture is at about 10 AM this morning. A few bees outside the hive but just a few. Bottom picture is at about 4 PM this afternoon. Lots of bee activity. I successfully moved the 5 frames full of bees into the hive, and most important of all I located my Queen. She seemed calm and well attended. I installed the aggravating, frustrating, and possibly incorrectly constructed (by me) sugar water feeders in the top of the hive. Now I just have to worry all night that I'm drowning my bees.
2 comments:
Hooray! No intrepid photographer on hand to document the move?
If you've got anything blooming there now, they probably don't need much extra feeding.
We do have some blooming -- dandelions and the first of the tulip poplar flowers for example -- so maybe I should just take the 2 gallons of sugar water out? Or at least one of them? I put them in on the advice of the beekeepers I bought the bees from. Oh the pressure. I was too nervous during the installation to even think about a documentarian. But I'll remember the next time I go in and check things out--Wednesday or Thursday. Nothing to do between now and then but stare and worry.
Post a Comment