Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's over! Look at that sky. 30+ inches.


It may look like a plow came down our street but it didn't. A neighbor with an SUV has been at work much of the day. Digging, blowing, driving his car back and forth, back and forth. He must have a Superbowl party he's determined to get to tomorrow.

Update 2/7/10: I was beginning to doubt my yardstick's accuracy but my son pointed out that the US Weather Service notes that MY neighborhood (Colesville) had the most snow fall of this storm:
"At 10 p.m. Eastern Time Saturday, a report from the U.S. National Weather Service pegged the snowfall in Colesville, Md., at 40 inches, more than a meter. The city of Howellsville, Va., saw 37 inches while Dulles Airport was blanketed with more than 32 inches."
From: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/northeast-digs-out-of-snow-more-is-in-store-2010-02-07?reflink=MW_news_stmp

4 comments:

JGH said...

Man, you really got hit! Not a flake here, but we're bracing for it tomorrow night.

LOL about the ugly furniture -- A few similar pieces have passed through our house, I'm afraid. My husband's father once made some hideous paintings (by dripping turpentine!) that we felt obligated to hang for awhile. They are in the attic now - can't bring ourselves to throw them away.

Michelle Clay said...

I'm sulking! You guys got all the snow?? Sulking, I say. (Mail some up north, please?)

. said...

Michelle you are my new hero. I'm surrounded by people who find this all very upsetting. "Oh no! I can't drive my car to the store to buy chips!" Or "Oh no, I can't see the yard I never set foot in!" Or "Oh no, there's nasty white stuff on my car and now I have to expend effort to make it all shiny again." Am I getting grumpy? Perhaps. But, geez, the city is shut down, schools are closed, most businesses and the government (biggest employer in the area) are shut down. Go with the flow folks. Rant over. Sorry.

Michelle Clay said...

Hahahahaaaa! :D Stay warm. I bet your attitude has been enlightning to the folks around you.