Thursday, October 3, 2024

More miscellaneous





 

8 comments:

Margaret said...

These are incredible, Pam! I would hang them on my walls.

Margo H said...

Oooh, love these! So colorful. So fun. Thanks for sharing the joy.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I especially love LOVE the top one.

Zazzy said...

Oh my goodness Pam! These are beautiful! You are really developing a style. They really are filled withe joy.

PipeTobacco said...

Pam J…. what a delight to see you now have you blogs listed on your profile! I can now comment here to your posts!!!!

Reading back through the most recent posts, I see that you had been away a while from posting, so that may be why you did not have them visible, but regardless…. I am very glad to see your writings!!!!

I am especially pleased to see your most recent posts are about your art!!!! Even though I do not often talk about it on my site, I too am extremely fond of ART and in a VERY RUDIMENTARY way, I have been trying to learn the art of how to paint in the media that currently most entrances me…… watercolor! I have (more than a decade ago) tried painting with oils and acrylics, but for a difficult to describe reason, watercolors capture my awe and appreciation more than other painting forms when I get to view galleries and museums. So, I am TRYING to develop a deeper sense of how this media form works.

The other media that also captures my imagination are lithographs, but I have bot yet tried that style, though I have read a couple of books on the techniques.

If I could wrangle either technique, it would be a wonderful way for me to express my emotions and visions, and I would enjoy that.

Your images here, which SEEM to me to be watercolors….. are very beautiful!!!!! I very much look forward to seeing more of your work if you are willing to post them!!!!!!

Do you have any recommendations for a watercolor text that has been helpful to you in learning the techniques??

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Actually, I misspoke…. My second media type is actually called Linocut printing….. not lithography. I find linocut prints can be so amazing.

PipeTobacco

Pam said...

It doesn't look as if you do much blogging, but if you happen to see this, hello and thanks for commenting on my blog. Greetings from Edinburgh.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

These are really beautiful! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.