Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Christina's weeds: remember to pull weeds in the Christina position. Millet's ladies probably ruined their backs bending like that.

 
A friend told me about injuring her back because she weeded too long over the weekend. She was enjoying it so much that she did it for hours. She's not the only friend or relative who over-gardens and pays dearly. So let's all adopt the Christina Pose and save our backs.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Yard work almost always makes my back hurt. Does that mean I'm getting OLD? :)

Michelle said...

I'm always doing the horrible crouch or squat and the older I get the more my back can't take it :(

Kitt said...

I get a sore back and the "weeder's tan" -- a stripe across the small of my back -- when I am not careful. I bought a little garden stool for doing intensive weeding, but I usually end up having to move around too much.

Peggy said...

I do a little every day. Stay safe the weather doesn't look good for you today.