Saturday, May 25, 2013

Roses at the Monastery.







A few years ago my gardening friend Susan invited me along to see the gardens at this local Monastery, and I've been in love with the place ever since.  I spend a few hours each week helping out in the office -- filing, uploading pictures, just general office work. So every week for the past year I've walked through these gardens to the business office and I've been able to see all the gradual changes from season to season. Yesterday the roses were in full bloom and oh how beautiful they were. One of the guards who saw me taking pictures as I left insisted on taking mine. As usual, I'm loaded down with an armful of 'necessities,' including cans of seeds Brother Sebastian gave me. This picture reminds me to get some sun before my daughter's wedding in a few weeks. Not to mention a decent haircut. An eyelid lift would be nice too. Must remember to get a manicure. Pedicure. Lose 5 lbs. Stay calm.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That place reminds me of the Cloisters in NYC. You look GREAT in the photo! I guess we're all hard on ourselves about our hair and weight. (me too)

Shannon said...

You look great, Pam. GL with the wedding prep.

Peggy said...

Where is this monastery?

Pam J. said...

It's in Northeast Washington, DC, specifically 1400 Quincy St, NE, which is 30 minutes from my house. (Hi Peggy.)

susan harris said...

Hey, I'd forgotten all about taking you there! Glad it worked out. What's not to love about that place, huh?