I've got this song in my head and it won't go away. What a voice. When you get to about 1.25 minutes into the song she really let's it fly! She was on SNL last week and Letterman has had her on at least once, maybe twice. (Husband Doug likes her a lot too -- and it's not just about those legs, although I'm sure they don't bother him one little bit.)
Reading The Internets I have discovered that she likes her tequila. Hope she doesn't burn out too soon.
She's 25 so she's got 2 more years before the danger year (Club 27 it's called: Robert Johnson [considered to be the first member of the Club], Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse).
CBS Sunday Morning profiled her a few weeks back, like maybe the 13th? She's a London girl, a real warbler. She was also in a trio of female singers on some awards show last year -- they teamed her up with two other high-profile singers.
She performed at the Grammy Awards (I think it was) a couple of years ago. I had never seen her before that but she blew the rest of the performers away.
6 comments:
I've heard this song before!! She does have an amazing voice. Hope she doesn't join that group of 25 year olds. Is she young?
She's 25 so she's got 2 more years before the danger year (Club 27 it's called: Robert Johnson [considered to be the first member of the Club], Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse).
CBS Sunday Morning profiled her a few weeks back, like maybe the 13th? She's a London girl, a real warbler. She was also in a trio of female singers on some awards show last year -- they teamed her up with two other high-profile singers.
Think this one's called "Shake it Out."
Loved it. Loved the band work too, really sharp and a compelling performance.
She performed at the Grammy Awards (I think it was) a couple of years ago. I had never seen her before that but she blew the rest of the performers away.
Austin City Limits tonight.
Post a Comment