Thursday, November 10, 2011

The eccentric artist up the street adds a new sculpture to his front yard. When the wind blows so does this art.




Other shots from this house are here and here and here.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I thought that suburbia generally frowns upon eccentric art installations. You must live in a cool neighborhood. That sculpture is very NE Portland. I feel homesick looking at it.

Pam J. said...

Hi Shannon (isn't that a picture of Alfred Hitchcock's daughter?).
I definitely don't live in a cool neighborhood -- although I guess it all depends on your definition of "cool." But it's an older neighborhood, and it has this going for it: no home-owners' associations to tell us what we can and can't do. The house in this picture is on a major road and is tucked between a barber shop and a church so it's probably zoned as something other than residential.

Shannon said...

I guess "cool" to me is finding something that you like and rocking it even though everyone tells you that it's not a good idea. Like wearing an unflattering sweater that someone knit you just because it's handmade.

That's a picture of me. I yearbooked myself a few years ago:

http://shannonandbella.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-profile-pic.html

Pam J. said...

Shannon, I like your definition of cool. Have you ever looked up the many definitions of that word? I just did. Here's the kind of "cool" my neighborhood is definitely NOT:
"unruffled elegance or sophistication"

And about Alfred Hitchcock's daughter Patricia... if you do a Google image search on "Patricia Hitchcock Strangers on a Train," you'll see why I asked the question.