Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sanity Restored! Rally was grand even though I didn't hear a word and I never really saw the stage. But I'm so glad I went.







The top picture shows how close we could get. Buried deep near the right middle of the shot is Jon on the stage. At least I think it was Jon. My friend Susan and I got there a little before noon. But the crowds were so huge we never got even close to the jumbo-trons, much less the stage. And the speaker system wasn't powerful enough to reach those of us who only managed to be along the edges of the crowd. But the people were wonderful, the signs were great, the weather was perfect, and there was joy in the air. And now that I'm home and got to hear Jon's final remarks I'm pleased as can be that I was there.

1 comment:

Cheyanne said...

Thanks for sharing with the rest of the class, your photo's of the rally. You are the 2nd person I've heard from who has said they could not see a thing, but enjoyed themselves nonetheless. I enjoyed seeing your ordinary photo's of ordianary people and their extra-ordinary signs. Did you take part in the wave? I watched the whole 3 hours from home and it looked like fun...Jon Stewart/Colbert's about to come on now...gotta go..Thanks again for sharing