Monday, May 17, 2010

More burr comb. A lot more.




My lovely bees keep building comb up, on top of the frames. I want them to build comb only sideways, on the nice frames I gave them. They don't understand that. So I have to go into the hive and scrape away all that hard work. Seems cruel doesn't it?

3 comments:

JGH said...

This is probably a really dumb question, but ...are you able to maybe soften or flatten it out somehow and spread it out, putting it where you want it to go?

Michelle Clay said...

Mmmmmm, yummy!

Pam J. said...

Not a dumb question. The bees are extremely particular about how big each cell is so I don't think I could ever put this comb into a frame in a way that would suit them. BUT!! The comb can be collected and melted down so I can make candles or hand/face cream. My freezer is beginning to fill up with the stuff so it's not going to waste.