
So I'm trying, really really hard, to get rid of stuff and I've got a big pile of old, and some not-so-old, tee shirts. I never wear them (except occasionally that light blue, really old Hunter S. Thompson tee shirt) so I'm thinking of cutting them up and making a tee shirt quilt. I guess that's not really "getting rid of stuff" but at least it would be turning unused stuff into potentially used stuff.
5 comments:
Is that a Lou Reed t-shirt I see? We saw him in concert this past April, amazing show. Don't throw it away!
Nah, I would never throw it out or even give it away. That's why I'm desperate enough to make a quilt out of it. I got that shirt a few years ago, maybe more, when I saw him in DC at a smallish club. I stood very near the front (like a teenager forgodssake), in sweating distance of Lou and his band. It was grand. I read your wonderful review of the April concert (http://news.guelphmercury.com/arts/article/363296). Not sure I totally agree with all of your points but it was an excellent piece of writing and so interesting!
I'll take the Little Feat shirt ... really!
Well, you see, that's the problem. I'm very attached to all of them (got the Little Feat shirt at a concert at Wm & Mary College in 1978 or 79). If I decide I simply can't cut them up but I want to get rid of them you can certainly have the LF shirt. Did you notice the Damien shirt in the upper left? It's from a rally held sometime in the 80s when the new HFS owners tried to ease him off the air b/c of his speech problems. (I may not have all those details right; I rarely do these days.)
No, I didn't notice that one. I was AT the rally! Life is moving too quickly.
Post a Comment