Here are the three wonderful cards I got from each of the three [other] card traders in Zazzy’s Great Art Project. I love them all! Humor, beauty, and whimsy.
I just mailed off my next three artistic attempts, which I’ll post after they reach the recipients.
Lessons learned: my general style of life, in many ways, is to improvise, act impulsively, and not follow instructions. Watercolor painting does not lend itself to that particular set of traits. Can I change? Doubtful, but I’ll try. On the other hand I’m not a perfectionist which helps immensely.
The four of us, one in Australia, one in the UK a bit southeast of London, one in Missouri, and me in Maryland, are also chatting via WhatsApp, which I'm using for the first time. I guess it's a little like (or even just like?) texting with a group.
So far, I'm a little surprised at how often I pick up a brush and do a tiny bit of painting. I'm not very happy with most of my efforts. Some are OK, even fine. Some are not. But I'm stubbornly not going to reject any attempts I make. Watercolors are unforgiving. Correcting or changing something is almost impossible. I'll be half-way into a decent picture and then make one color choice that doesn't work and it's too late. So I plow on and finish the card. And send it off.
And I stubbornly refuse to practice. Silly.

2 comments:
Watercolor is beautiful; I love the hazy impressionist look to it. My artistic daughter told me long ago how unforgiving it is, which is why she went to oils instead. I love what Zazzy has started! Thanks for sharing your lovely paintings.
Don't be too hard on yourself. It's your painting and your colour choice. I'm also one of those people who over-evaluate myself. Now that I've been using watercolour paints I love it more and more.
Post a Comment