Sunday, July 4, 2021

Rocks

I'm painting rocks and leaving them here and there in the neighborhood. Why? I'm not really sure. But I got the idea from BootsandBraids who lives somewhere in the Inland Empire in southern California. It's fun. Is it littering? I don't think so. It's more like guerrilla art. How did I find Boots and Braids? Who knows. Clicking around and looking at comments on blogs I guess. So, thanks Shirley! Wish I could put one somewhere in your apartment complex. 


And here's where I placed the first six rocks last evening. On the right-hand side of this street, which is parkland. My house is to the left of this shot--not the driveway you see but the house next to it. Now I do what? I take a walk each day and see how many remain. Doug saw 3 of them this morning. The other 3 might still be there, hiding, since we live in a jungle and one 24-hour period is enough to make the weeds and vines grow 2 inches.



4 comments:

Margaret said...

That's a cool thing to do. Painted rocks beautify the landscape and are exciting for people to find.

Jessica L. Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Zazzy said...

It sounds like an interesting thing to do! I used to randomly drop pennies around but I rarely have change these days and I'm not sure pennies thrill little kids like they did when we were young. But clever painted rocks might spark conversations.

BootsandBraids said...

I love that phrase "Guerilla Art". I'll pass it along to Jan, our rock lady. BTW, your rocks came out nice and are sure to have brightened someone's day.