Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Trying something different.

It's Wednesday night, September 23, 2020, and I'm here to record that I haven't looked at Twitter for 4 days. This is a big deal in my little life. I've been spending way too much time, either on my phone or on my PC, reading, reading, scrolling, scrolling, checking, checking. I follow strangers, not friends or even acquaintances. I follow people who write about, report on, and talk about national politics. A few politicians, a lot of ex-Trump employees, a lot of news organizations and reporters, pundits and comedians. It's gotten to be too much. And so depressing. Aren't we all just a little depressed as a species right now? Why add Twitter.

I'm hoping to keep up my little boycott. I think I feel a little better today compared to Saturday.

Here's my babe. She's the apple of so many eyes! Three months tomorrow. Unexpectedly, I saw her in person for about an hour on Monday -- long story. It was wonderful. Every minute with her is golden!



2 comments:

Kathy A. said...

I feel your pain. In trying to keep up with friends and family even just on FB, I see too often some of those friends and family are just plain idiots. Very disheartening. Then on Twitter (the once or twice a week I sign in), the only people I really follow think more like me, but even that gets to be wearing. I'm outraged, yes, but the energy it takes to maintain that outrage is exhausting. I'm banking my fires, but planning to do what I can when I can, i.e., vote in person, even though I'm immunocompromised now. I'll mask up, glove up, whatever I have to do. I don't trust the system enough to count on the absentee ballot alternatives.

Margaret said...

Babies make the world a better place. She is a wonder!! I can hardly bear what's happening right now and have been avoiding the news.