Friday, August 17, 2018

This book! Making me nuts. False pride is involved, I believe.

I skimmed this book because a neighbor recommended it to me. It's causing me to fret way, way, way more than it should, and for all the wrong reasons. I'm not going to tell the whole story right now--because I seem incapable of blogging a short story (see, for example, yesterday's overly long story about a micro dog bite). But friends and family will get a sense of why I'm wringing my hands over the book when I reveal that the neighbor who suggested it is my Tea Party/Trump Supporter/Conspiracy Theorist Neighbor, with whom I have a love-hate relationship.


Skimming the book led me to this article, which is also why my brain is so muddled right now.



3 comments:

Margaret said...

It would be difficult to read or even skim a book suggested by such a neighbor. I admire you for doing that. I will check out the article, unless it makes me too angry. So much is affecting me that way right now.

Pam J. said...

Oh Margaret. I suggest you don't try to read that article or understand any of this. My reaction to the book is totally irrational. A side effect of Trump Derangement Syndrome. I may or may not try to explain myself further. But it's all so trivial and embarrassing.

Zazzy said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't have skimmed the book given who recommended it. I can have a rational conversation about experts and how, in my mind, it's all opinion and pointless. We are being inundated with the current senate race and I both want to laugh and to cry at the conservative candidate's ad which does exactly what he is accusing our very good senator of doing. If we all went together perhaps we could buy our own island and go hide out there.