I didn't plan to have only these creamy white blooms by my front steps but that's how it turned out. A couple of years ago I planted about two dozen 4 o'clock seeds under the window at the left. Now they are spreading everywhere but I'm OK with that. The vines crawling up the railing are red cardinal climbers that will soon produce tons of little red flowers for the hummingbirds to feed on. I'll never be a garden planner. I prefer random acts of planting.

3 comments:
I like them! It's a lovely contrast. I think planned gardens can be pretty - like decorator Christmas trees. But I think I prefer something that looks more natural and random.
This is a warm and homey look, unlike plantings that are too planned out and regimented. I've never heard of four o'clocks!
I have never seen the white four o'clocks. Mine are red and gold.
Post a Comment