| Even my gardens are cluttered. But I think it's OK to clutter a garden. |
From How to Keep House, 1948, Mary Davis Gillies.
Place firmly in your mind the protective mantra that if you haven’t felt affection for an object in six months, the unbearable pain you’re feeling at the thought of its demise is a kind of false consciousness. Also, beware of overindulgence in thriftiness, which is very often the first sign of hoarding. Indeed, when I roam my house with receptacles (for donation, recycling, and garbage), I call it my “anti-hoarding” prowl.
From this article on Slate.com.
4 comments:
Clutter is stressful. I can't handle it right now. I close the doors to the girls' rooms(more like storage areas) and try to keep my living spaces relatively free. Otherwise, I find myself on edge all the time.
Love this. Ruthlessness is the key. And diligence, and I'm sorely lacking in both.
It would be cool if you did Nablopomo too - I just posted 7 prompts for Zazzy and I'll do the same for you if you want to give it a try.
I like to schedule stuff ahead of time - in fact on my blog I am scheduled up to October already. I like to be two weeks ahead of the game in case I lose my blogging mojo for a bit.
So I'll likely have November written by the end of October, lol. :) I'll get a start on November today!
I'm also doing a Breaking Bad rewatch blog, and that is scheduled out to the end of September as well.
Snoskred: yes, please give me some prompts. And thanks for offering!
Post a Comment