I took this video last weekend when the bullfrogs (I think they're bullfrogs) in the pond next door were having a spring orgy. Turn up the sound to hear them singing. Since they are said to be a bio-indicator species, I guess the pond is in good shape, despite all the poison some of my neighbors apply to their lawns and that runs into this pond. I'm not one to nag neighbors about the harmful things they do in their yards, but my family sure has to listen to me complain about it.
This is the pond in February or March, with a couple of ducks on the left standing on the thin ice.
Wow, they're having some NOISY fun! :) Patt always liked the frogs who croaked loudly in spring outside our open bedroom window, but I was never a fan. (still aren't)
I've never seen so many frogs in one place! Love them. And now I'm singing that old Girl Scout song in my head... El Coqui a mi me gusta! Me gusta oir el coqui!
4 comments:
Wow, they're having some NOISY fun! :) Patt always liked the frogs who croaked loudly in spring outside our open bedroom window, but I was never a fan. (still aren't)
I've never seen so many frogs in one place! Love them. And now I'm singing that old Girl Scout song in my head... El Coqui a mi me gusta! Me gusta oir el coqui!
I love this. Thanks for sharing!
You can go to Huntley Meadows and see the 40 lb bullfrogs.
Post a Comment