Hard to argue with this, right? Um, apparently not.
It's also hard to believe that a guy who likes to pose for such pictures now and then doesn't think of himself as exceptional, but I'll let that slide for now. I've always cringed when I read about Americans, or the United States, as being exceptional. So arrogant! It's a pretty great deal we've got here in the ole U S of A (well, for most of us but certainly not all) but we really need to get over ourselves. Or at least stop telling the rest of the world that we're exceptional (and that includes, I'm sorry to say, Mr. Obama who doesn't do much that I disagree with).
*Or Mother Nature.

2 comments:
There's a famous pic of him shirtless on a horse . . . there's also the drama of his wife, who disappeared . . . and some Russian model he took up with. He basically has turned the entire Russian GNP into a personal bank account.
Thanks for the delicious dirt on Mr. Putin, which led me to this story:
http://world.time.com/2013/06/06/in-russia-without-love-vladimir-putin-divorces-wife-lyudmila/#ixzz2fMUNzCET
Among the many funny bits o' trivia in the story, this bit is funniest:
In response to a reporter who asked him in 2008 if he and his wife were separated, Putin said "I always thought badly of those who go around with their erotic fantasies sticking their snot-ridden noses into another person’s life.”
Post a Comment