

"Soylent Green" was a 1973 movie that I somehow missed and knew absolutely nothing about until last night when it showed up on TV (I've always liked the name though -- the words "Soylent Green" roll nicely off the tongue and suggest something just a little unpleasant; now that I've seen the movie I know why--see crackers above). And the movie "The Artist" is simply spectacular. I could feel myself smiling virtually from the first moment the screen lit up. No violence, no blood, no abuse, no horror, no suspense, just pure pleasure.
This is what Tina Brown said about the movie:
"....the audience was so enchanted and uplifted they applauded at the end and skipped out into the cold January night smiling dreamily like an audience in the ’30s finding a dollar in the street."
Brown's review was in a short article with a funny (I thought) title: Fix Economy, See 'The Artist' First.
3 comments:
Eeeew. Why would someone name crackers that? I don't even want to type it, let alone eat it.
I've heard nothing but good about The Artist. As a French teacher, I should probably see it!
Thanks for the warning and for the recommendation. I particularly loved the reviewer's quote.
Post a Comment