It's working out very, very well. It does grow back, so far, and the deer only chomp it down to a certain point, then they move on. Some people said I might have a problem w/ bees, but I didn't. Probably b/c the deer got the little white flowers very soon after they bloomed. The deer have been particularly active lately. Traffic jams, literally, on my lightly traveled street next to the park. My husband even saw a rare buck behind the house yesterday. For all the deer we have, we rarely see the bucks. They travel alone I think, and obviously keep to themselves. Each one is probably out peeing and snorting and stomping around the edge of his property. And fighting off the suddenly mature teenage boys (which make up half of each new yearly or every-other-yearly -- biennial? --generation I assume). So do all those mature boys now have to find their own x-number of acres to protect? Something like that is going on outside my house. All the time.
2 comments:
I've been meaning to ask you about that clover and how it's working out. Does it grow back well after the deer chomp it down?
It's working out very, very well. It does grow back, so far, and the deer only chomp it down to a certain point, then they move on. Some people said I might have a problem w/ bees, but I didn't. Probably b/c the deer got the little white flowers very soon after they bloomed. The deer have been particularly active lately. Traffic jams, literally, on my lightly traveled street next to the park. My husband even saw a rare buck behind the house yesterday. For all the deer we have, we rarely see the bucks. They travel alone I think, and obviously keep to themselves. Each one is probably out peeing and snorting and stomping around the edge of his property. And fighting off the suddenly mature teenage boys (which make up half of each new yearly or every-other-yearly -- biennial? --generation I assume). So do all those mature boys now have to find their own x-number of acres to protect? Something like that is going on outside my house. All the time.
Post a Comment